The Communities 4 Action mission is to serve as a catalyst for regional groups and collaborations in order to strengthen local efforts to reduce substance misuse from youth through older adults, including persons living in Greenwich, Stamford, Darien , and New Canaan.
Communities 4 Action is passionate about inspiring healthy choices, addressing substance misuse, problem gambling and other risky behaviors, and promoting mental wellness among youth and adults.
Examples of Our Impact
1. Host annual legislative forums with RESULTS e.g. Passing of bill PA 14-61, an act that provides immunity to a person who administers the life-saving Narcan to a person experiencing an opioid overdose.
2. Piloted medication drop-box initiative. They are now in over 95 communities in Connecticut.
3. Spearheaded annual recovery celebrations in the community that continues to grow.
4. Host annual behavioral health forums that bring together clinicians in substance abuse and mental health.
5. Facilitate a state-wide work group called Medication Adherence & Anti-Diversion Solutions (MAADS) Task Force. MAADS advocates for reduced risk of RX diversion and increased adherence through legislation that would mandate unit packaging of opioids.
6. Created the “Power of Parent Series” to educate parents on a variety of topics related to substance use and mental health.
7. Developed “Cool to Be Kind” bracelets to promote kindness in the community; distributed more than 2,00 to date.