Welcome to the Communities 4 Action!
We are working hard to bring you a new website that will feature training, information and resources about substance abuse prevention, and mental health promotion.
Who we are
Communities 4 Action is passionate about inspiring healthy choices, promoting mental wellness, and reducing the rate of substance abuse, problem gambling and other risky behaviors. We focus our work primarily in the communities of Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, and Stamford, Connecticut. Our Problem Gambling Services are available throughout Fairfield County.
Our Partners: We partner with a wide-range of individuals and organizations that includes youth, parents, seniors, elected officials, law enforcement, schools, multicultural communities, community organizations, social service agencies, business, public health and health providers, substance abuse treatment and prevention specialists, behavioral health providers, faith-based, funders, and the media.
What we do to promote healthy changes
Build Community Awareness
• We provide community education and professional workshops on substance misuse, substance abuse prevention and mental wellness.
• We create and distribute information fact sheets, publications and reports related to substance misuse, substance abuse prevention, and mental wellness.
• We gather and distribute prevalence and treatment data about alcohol, tobacco, and other illegal drug abuse, prescription drug abuse, problem gambling, and mental health.
Build expertise in community groups to stimulate change
• We provide training and technical assistance to community groups to build their organizational capacity and skills to promote healthy change within their target population, such as schools, youth groups, faith-based, and older adult groups
Convene Action-Oriented Committees:
• Behavioral Health Committee
• Prevention Partnership
• Regional Youth Network
• SBIRT Committee (Screening, Brief Intervention, Referral, and Treatment)
• Regional Opioid Abuse Prevention Workgroup
• Problem Gambling Awareness Team
Provide Training and Technical Assistance to Local Substance Abuse Prevention Councils
• Darien: Thriving Youth Task Force
• Greenwich: Kids in Crisis
• New Canaan: New Canaan Cares
• Stamford: Stamford Youth Services
Sponsor Community Forums
• Annual Behavioral Health Forum
• National Recovery Month Luncheon
• Annual Regional Youth Networking Symposium
Increase Awareness and Address Problem Gambling in Lower Fairfield County, Connecticut
Advocate for policies and legislation to support substance abuse prevention and recovery and mental wellness
WANT TO BE THE FIRST TO KNOW WHEN OUR WEBSITE IS LAUNCHED? HAVE QUESTIONS? NEED HELP? WANT TO GET INVOLVED? Please complete the form below.
Communities 4 Action
Ingrid Gillespie, Executive Director
76 Progress Drive, Suite 235I
Stamford, CT 06902